Sunday, January 21, 2018

Dinner and a "magic show"....

So friends of ours kindly invite us out for dinner last night.

After dinner entertainment was provided, which at first seemed like a nice bonus, as we had no idea a magic show was included in the dinner!

I found the magic trick rather unimaginative, so I heckled them. I normally wouldn't do that, but I felt the trick was really that bad!

The trick went like this,

"watch this amazing trick, I have 5 stickers in my hand"

Then the magician leaves the room and throws four of them

"Now I have just one sticker!"

The other attendants in the audience were exuberantly clapping in amazement!

Me "Booo!"   You know to help them to become better performers!

If they are going to make it in the showbiz industry, they need to learn to perform in front of a
hostile audience....

The trick was simply unimaginative.  My booing had nothing to do with the fact that the magician kept coming to the table and interrupting our conversation.

Pretty much on a minute to minute basis.......





See my friends kids normally have a very enthusiastic audience that shows them their amazement no matter how bad the trick is!

...and I think they are pretty bad.

I feel though if those kids don't learn to step up their act, they simply won't make it in an over-saturated field of work that they seem to love so much!

It is tough out there, and I felt I did my part to help them succeed in the industry!

The tough real-world criticism didn't seem to harm them any thought in the end.  It didn't stop them from wrestling with me before we left the "magic and comedy club", that is our friend's house.

It was like I was on the outside of the ring at a WWE show just minding my own business, and from the top rope one of the wrestlers jumped off and pile drove me into the ground!

I am not going to take that, I have some wrestling skills of my own, so a wrestling match ensued, and again they lost!  I was victorious, and I am pretty proud of that!

Those punks didn't know what they had coming to them...

Even though I was in a tag team battle between myself and two wrestlers I still prevailed!

They might need some more polish as magicians, but they seem to have the professional wrestling gig down pat!  As wrestlers, they fight like seasoned champs....

I wonder if we will get invited to that particular dinner club again?

No comments:

Post a Comment